CLEARANCE: Top Secret or Secret
LOCATION: Pre-Covid: Onsite in Arlington, VA Now: Remote (likely to stay this way)
PROCESS: We will phone screen and then Accenture will conduct an interview
We supply Agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts for myUSCIS, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The Contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled Agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality. As a full-stack Applications Developer (AD), you will be responsible for the design, development, enhancement, and implementation of software for the myUSCIS program. The developer must work with web, back-end and database interfaces to ensure an integrated solution. The AD will work as a technical innovator on an agile team to research, test and build the conversion and/or integration of new solutions using React and Ruby. Developer will be at the forefront of DevSecOps and the agile development team will be responsible for application delivery management through a process of user story development and rapid responses to critical customer challenges.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Analyzes user needs, develops user stories and decomposes to software solutions.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluates effectiveness.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and provides analysis to enhance the applications and architecture.
- Creates, modifies, and tests code, forms, and script that allow applications to run.
- Performs or directs revisions, repairs, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Performs as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices
- Collaborates frequently with other team members.
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical degree preferred
- Experience in full-stack development, to include React and Ruby on Rails expertise with object-oriented programming concepts
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD technologies
- Experience with new technologies, such as AWS microservices
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences, excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- Experience with database design and development, specifically Oracle and SQL
- Experience with DevSecOps and CI/CD technologies
- Experience with modernization and transformation to the cloud
- Implementation of PaaS and CaaS platforms
- Virtualization/Containerization working experience
- AWS certification
- GitHub, JIRA experience
- Experience working in an Agile team